I am Md. Yasin Kabir, a computer professional from Bangladesh. Currently, I am pursuing my Ph.D. in computer science at Missouri University of Science & Technology, Rolla, Missouri, USA. I am a Machine Learning(ML) enthusiast. Hence, my research and hobby both are ML focused.
The primary purpose of this research work is to develop machine learning models to identify the emotions in the tweets and extract phrases from tweets for the specified emotions. I have started to Track, process, and analyze the tweets on COVID-19 since March 2020. With the help of some undergraduate students, we were able to manually annotate 10K tweets emotion. Further machine learning models were developed to achieve the primary goals. A basic real-time COVID-19 tweets tracking and data visualization are available at CoronaVis (mykabir.github.io). Currently, I am conducting an experimental analysis on the historical COVID-19 tweets that originated from the USA.
The purpose of this project is to extract the information from social media and develop a system model that can help in the rescue, resource management, and recovery. Develop a deep learning model to classify the tweets and detect the tweets which seek helps during hurricane Harvey and Irma. Further, a rescue schedule algorithm is also developed to schedule the rescue operations of the identified people from the tweets. We have developed an application based on the research for real-world implementation, testing, and validation.
This is an NLP problem. The task is to extract the support phrases for a specific sentiment label. Here labels can be neutral, positive, and negative. This is similar to question answering problems.
Bengali is a complex language with enormous number of characters (grapheme roots, vowel and consonant diacritics, and graphemes). The aim of this competition is to classify a given image into respective characters. An image is a composite of one or multiple grapheme roots and diacritics.
This is a competition for classifying four different clouds formation from satellite images. The goal is to use the cloud formation to determine the Earth’s climate.
- Kabir, M. Yasin, Sergey Gruzdev, and Sanjay Madria. "STIMULATE: A System for Real-time Information Acquisition and Learning for Disaster Management." 2020 21st IEEE International Conference on Mobile Data Management (MDM). IEEE, 2020.
- Kabir, Md, and Sanjay Madria. "CoronaVis: A Real-time COVID-19 Tweets Analyzer." arXiv preprint arXiv:2004.13932 (2020).
- Kabir, Md Yasin, and Sanjay Madria. "A Deep Learning Approach for Tweet Classification and Rescue Scheduling for Effective Disaster Management." Proceedings of the 27th ACM SIGSPATIAL International Conference on Advances in Geographic Information Systems. 2019.
- Mahin, Md, et al. "Selectively Oversampling Difficult Positive Samples from Imbalanced Data for Preprocessing." 2019 22nd International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT). IEEE, 2019.
- Nguyen, Vinh, Md Yasin Kabir, and Tommy Dang. "Cancerlinker: Explorations of cancer study network." 2017 IEEE Visualization in Data Science (VDS). IEEE, 2017.